Hi guys, welcome to this new tutorial on installing GO language without any errors in your machine.
Now, why do we need GO language?
GO is a statically typed, compiled programming language designed at Google. and it is being used for developing new tools and programs especially in the field of pentesting and security. so it will be very helpful to have this language in your system.
Now, How do we install it?
Follow our instructions:
Step 1: Visit this link https://golang.org/doc/install and download the GO package file for your current OS.
Note: For windows and mac OS machines just click the downloaded file and it will automatically install. for Linux machine follow the tutorial.
Step 2: Navigate to the download folder using cd command and check the file is present or not using ls command, after verifying it run the file using this command sudo tar -C /usr/local/ -xzf filename , as the filename differs for everyone, check the downloaded file name and replace the filename in the above command to execute.
Step 3: after the above execution is done, we need update this in root file bashrc , type the following command to open the file vim ~/.bashrc
Step 4: Now add the following code in the file.
- To edit the file fist click i in the keyboard
- Now go the last line using the down arrow in the keyboard
- Now type this code after the last line in the file.
export GOPATH=/root/go-workspace export GOROOT=/usr/local/go PATH=$PATH:$GOROOT/bin/:$GOPATH/bin export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/go/bin
- after typing the code click Esc key in the keyboard
- then press (colon) :
- then type x to save and exit the file.
Step 5: Now we need to refresh the root file.
- Type this command for that source ~/.bashrc . Go language is successfully installed and updated.
- To check type go in the terminal, you will get the go language usage and commands.